Are You a Politician?
Here’s what you might accomplish, if you, as a politician, join the ranks of those who acknowledge that the Information Age is real and that all nations would be wise to plan their way into that new era.
It will suddenly become very clear and concrete that an important pathway to job creation is to build or complete the technological infrastructure that is the “platform” for a new economy and a new social structure that will change the very nature of day-to-day life itself.
What does your nation lack in order to provide end-to-end broadband telecommunications transmission capability for the interconnection of computers? What does your nation need to do to ensure all citizens can access computers?
- For example, in the United States, we have the opportunity to create thousands of jobs for people as a means to finish our “Information Superhighway” through installation of an optical fiber link to homes or business premises from the local optical fiber network running by at the curb.
- Once a nation’s broadband telecommunications infrastructure is in place, that technological foundation will, in turn, open up new economic opportunities for business, educational, and social applications, because there will be no limit to the amount of data a new business enterprise or other type of organization needs to send/exchange to do its work. For instance, in the USA we have hundreds and hundreds of “dot.com” businesses that could never “take off” because they could not reach their customers due to the missing high volume data transmission link from the local network to the customer premises.
- The coming of a true new age is as big an economic opportunity as one can have. Would it perhaps not be wise for your political, business, and educational leadership to have a conference to explore the ways your city/state/territory/nation might seize this opportunity?
- Would your locality be the right place to stimulate new thinking by hosting a regional conference or a world’s fair on the coming of the Information Age?
- South Korea was the first nation to commit to wiring an entire country for broadband. Could a study group in your nation look to such advanced leadership and experience to learn how your Citizens might apply Information Age technology to advantage in the same way the Republic of Korea has done?
- Perhaps you could be the political leader in your area to provide a vision for moving your Citizens into the Information Age so they might leverage this great opportunity. Someone is eventually going to take such a lead. Why? Because the Information Age – a true new age based upon the simple principle of the interconnection of computers via telecommunications – can no longer be stopped. That leader could be you.
- And how will elections in your community change as online voting tools become more prevalent?
The time to think about these things is NOW.
- Questions to Ask Your Nation's Leaders
- Video - "Defining the Information Age"
- Why the World Is a Mess
- Are You a Political Scientist?
- Are You an Economist?
- Are You a Sociologist?
- Are You an Historian?
- Are You a Philosopher?
- The People Behind the Information Age
- Why This Website Is For Everyone on This Planet
- What Does The Theory of the Information Age Require?
- Who Is Willing to Host a World's Fair on the Information Age?
- Some Resources - Books & Video