What Young People Need to Know
If you are a young person and you want to become a leader in the Information Age, I will tell you the means to achieve this. But how to do so will come as a surprise.
The keys to future success to use across a lifetime are these three:
- Learn to read and read all you can in every field of knowledge. Print out the picture below and hang it up in your room and read it again and again – it’s the best advice you will EVER receive from anyone.
Here's Proof: How was I the only human being who could comprehend and crystallize The Theory of the Information Age? It was because I am one of the most well-read humans alive, and I had the knowledge to see the opporutnity that was in front of me, when no one else could.
- Learn to understand money and economics. Become self-sufficient and manage your own life. Taking care of your own needs and that of your family is far better than always depending upon others.
Just about the best training in the world on these subjects already exists and was created by Junior Achievement (). If one is not already present, ask that a Junior Achievement program be set up in your school so that you can learn to control your own fate by becoming educated in money management and the processes by which business works.
If you don’t understand these things, you can easily become a human victim and be kept in bondage through debt and the like.
Plus, through understanding the nature of business enterprise, you will be prepared to take advantage of Information Age ideas as you conceive them and can potentially turn them into economic opportunity either as an entrepreneur or as part of a business enterprise you already work for.
- Take care of your body and it will take care of you. By keeping fit and trim through regular exercise – most especially aerobics to ensure you have a good flow of oxygen throughout your body and to your brain – you will have the energy to do what you must do in life. Plus, a person who is fit has self-respect, which is more important than you can imagine in managing one's way through life.
It may come as a surprise that I place an emphasis upon these things rather than putting the focus upon technology, but high technology – the tools of the Information Age – are a MEANS to an end. If you don’t have the ability to think about how to APPLY the Information Age tools to achieve your goals, you’ll never succeed. Only real knowledge and thinking capabilities can give you that.
See these other subject areas to get an idea of how wide-ranging your knowledge can be:
- Video - "Defining the Information Age"
- A Brief History of the Information Age
- Are You an Economist?
- Are You an Historian?
- Are You a Sociologist?
- Are You a Teacher?
- Are You a Politician?
- Are You a Political Scientist?
- Why This Website Is For Everyone on This Planet
- Junior Achievement Website
- One Laptop Per Child Website
- Some Resources - Books & Video